By Samantha Pudelski, American Red Cross volunteer
January 11, 2020- Have you made your New Year resolutions yet for 2021? It’s never too early to check off a goal on your resolution list or to start making the most of this new year.
In 2021, resolve to volunteer with the American Red Cross and help make a difference in your community! The vital work of the Red Cross supports communities across the country every day and throughout Northern Ohio – it’s at the heart of what we do. Volunteers make up 90% of the Red Cross workforce and help deliver the vital services that the Red Cross provides.
The Northern Ohio Region of the Red Cross needs volunteers in the following positions:
Blood Donor Ambassador
- Age 16+
- Help save lives in your community by supporting blood collection at a local blood drive.
- Commitment: 1 shift (4-6 hours) per month
Blood Transportation Specialist
- Deliver life-saving blood products from collection sites to processing a lab and/or hospital
- Commitment: 2 shifts (4-6 hour shifts) per month
Disaster Action Team Member
- Virtual Opportunity
- Assist individuals and families who have been impacted by a home fire or other local disaster.
- Commitment: monthly on call shift
SAF Hero Care Regional Caseworker
- Ensure military families’ needs are met when faced with an emergency
- Commitment: 2-4 hours per week
To learn more about these opportunities and to apply, visit redcross.org/volunteer or contact Melanie Collins at email@example.com or 330.204.6615.