By Courtney Roach, Manager, Biomedical Volunteer Workforce Engagement
How does it feel to help save a life? This is your chance to find out! If you have a little free time, love driving, and enjoy meeting new people, the Red Cross has a great volunteer position for you. We are currently seeking Volunteer Transportation Specialists in Cuyahoga County. It’s a unique volunteer position that supports blood pickup at both mobile and fixed site blood drives.
Why Is This Position So Important?
The Red Cross collects and distributes about 40% of our nation’s blood supply. When you pick up blood, platelets or other blood products from a blood collection site or deliver them to a hospital, you’re delivering hope to a person when they need it most.
- Transport blood and blood products from blood collection sites to the laboratory for processing
- Pick up and return boxes as needed
- Complete required paperwork and obtain signatures
- Communicate and share feedback between Red Cross personnel and customers
- Drive in a safe and responsible manner in a Red Cross Vehicle and always provide strong customer.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Enjoys driving
- Is physically able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Is timely and prompt
- Is highly self-sufficient and dependable
The vital work of the American Red Cross is made possible by volunteers who contribute their time and talents. Every day our drivers help save people’s lives.