By Courtney Roach, Manager, Biomedical Volunteer Workforce Engagement
How does it feel to help save a life? This is your chance to find out! If you have a little free time, love driving, and enjoy meeting new people, the Red Cross has a great volunteer position for you. We are currently seeking Volunteer Transportation Specialists in Cuyahoga County. It’s a unique volunteer position that supports blood pickup at both mobile and fixed site blood drives.
Why Is This Position So Important?
The Red Cross collects and distributes about 40% of our nation’s blood supply. When you pick up blood, platelets or other blood products from a blood collection site or deliver them to a hospital, you’re delivering hope to a person when they need it most.
- Transport blood and blood products from blood collection sites to the laboratory for processing
- Pick up and return boxes as needed
- Complete required paperwork and obtain signatures
- Communicate and share feedback between Red Cross personnel and customers
- Drive in a safe and responsible manner in a Red Cross Vehicle and always provide strong customer.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Enjoys driving
- Is physically able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Is timely and prompt
- Is highly self-sufficient and dependable
The vital work of the American Red Cross is made possible by volunteers who contribute their time and talents. Every day our drivers help save people’s lives.
To apply or for more information, visit www.redcross.org/volunteer or contact Melanie Collins at 330-204-6615 or email@example.com.