The American Red Cross is launching its first Giving Day on June 2, asking everyone in Northeast Ohio to make a donation to the Red Cross at rdcrss.org/1HXaTIe to help ensure that help is available wherever and whenever people need it.
Life can change in one day, leaving someone with nothing – without a home, without their belongings, without hope. For so many of these people, the American Red Cross is the answer. We need the public’s support.
Red Cross Giving Day is a 24-hour national fundraising campaign supporting the work of the Red Cross in communities across the country each and every day. The theme of Giving Day is “All In One Day” because the Red Cross is “all in” every day, helping people to get back on their feet.
On June 2nd, we have 24 hours to turn compassion into action. On this one day, please donate to the Red Cross so we can be there to help people in need.
To take part in Giving Day and support the work of the American Red Cross, please visit redcross.org/givingday. All in one day, working together, we can bring help and hope to people when they need it most.
Each day in communities across the country and around the world, the Red Cross comforts disaster victims, supplies blood to patients in need, supports members of the military and teaches people lifesaving skills. Nationally, the Red Cross:
- Responds nearly 200 times a day to help a family affected by a home fire or other disaster.
- Provides nearly 5,600 blood transfusions a day to patients in need.
- Gives 15,500 people a day lifesaving health and safety training.
- Provides nearly 1,000 services a day to military members, their families and veterans.
- With the help of partners, gives 308,000 children a day measles or rubella vaccinations.